Brigham Young University received CAEP Accreditation for both Initial and Advanced-level programs in June 2022. BYU Initial Programs holding CAEP Accreditation include undergraduate program options in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education and Secondary Education with 25 majors, 21 minors and 4 licensure only program options. Advanced Programs holding CAEP Accreditation are School Leadership and School Psychology. See the document “BYU Initial and Advanced Programs Seeking CAEP Accreditation” for a complete listing of program options. The State of Utah, at its discretion, offers teaching licenses to program completers who meet state requirements.
Accreditation has been obtained successfully from the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP); 1140 19th St NW, Suite 400 Washington DC 20036; Phone (202) 223-0077.
BYU INITIAL AND ADVANCED PROGRAMS HOLDING CAEP ACCREDITATION
- CAEP Notification of Accreditation for Initial and Advanced Programs 2022
- CAEP Accreditation Action Report for Initial and Advanced Programs 2022
- Accredited BYU Education Programs 2022-2029
2021 INTIAL AND ADVANCED PROGRAMS: CAEP ACCREDITATIONS DOCUMENTS
- CAEP Notification of Accreditation for Advanced Programs 2021
- CAEP Accreditation Action Report Advanced Programs 2021
- CAEP Certificate of Completion for Advanced Programs 2021
- CAEP Accreditation Press Release for Advanced Programs 2021
2020 ADVANCED PROGRAMS: CAEP ACCREDITATION DOCUMENTS